In a simple language, digital marketing means to digitize your business through the Internet and marketing the business that we have digitized to online becomes digital marketing.
As you know that day by day everything is becoming online and every small and big person is coming online. All people write online portals in some way or the other: Google, Facebook, Instagram and many more are using portals. So on all these portals, they do marketing by running their Ads. This is what is called digital marketing. There are many other ways to do digital marketing.
Although definitions vary, digital marketing is based on: the use of all digital channels to promote products and services, such as:
- Affiliate marketing
- Banner ads
- Content marketing
- Email marketing
- Mobile marketing
- Paid search advertising
- Paid social advertising
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Social media marketing (SMM)
- Video marketing
- Video marketing
- Conversion optimization
- Podcast sponsorships
- Influencer marketing
Many companies are going towards digital marketing because digital marketing is providing many benefits in business and promotion in business. Following are the benefits of digital marketing:
- Better local and global reach thanks to targeted advertising and the power of the Internet.
- It’s easy to get started regardless of lack of experience or limited budget.
- Less cost if you choose digital marketing strategies such as building a website, SEO, or social media, versus TV, radio, etc.
- Multiple marketing options let you choose the right strategy and content type for your needs, budget and timeline.
- The ability to reach a highly targeted audience looking for your specific products or services through social media advertising, PPC, and more.
- Excellent engagement (especially through social media) lets you engage with users to find out what they want and how to deliver it to build a loyal follower.
- You can track your results through web analytics, see what works and what doesn’t, and optimize it to improve your future marketing efforts.